Sunday, June 16, 2013

John 3:16

Dear Heavenly Father,
I just want to start out by saying Happy Father's Day. You have always been here for me even when I didn't exactly want you around. You have loved me through my hardest, and cared for me when I needed some loving. You have shown me that your ways are way better than mine, and that you look after my better good. You have proven to me time and time again, that if I rely on you, you will always follow through. You are merciful, and gracious, you are caring, and loving, you are true, and full of hope! I couldn't ask for a better father. Thank you, thank you for loving me, thank you for never forsaking me, thank you for always being there, and thank you most of all for dying on the cross for me. I haven't been an easy child, I know that, but you still loved me and still died on the cross for me. I can't express how thankful I am. I love you daddy.
Amen.

In my book of "100 Favorite Bible Verses" the verse for today is John 3:16 which I read after putting my above prayer! I couldn't think of a better verse for father's day, could you?

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." (KJV)

What does this verse mean to you. Read it part by part. To think that God gave the world, the sinful world His ONLY Son. He didn't have other sons to take His place, He gave us His ONLY son. To die on a cross, for all of our sins. He knew we would all be sinners, He knew how many times we would betray Him and turn Him away. He knows it all. I know that I could not send my ONLY son to a cross to die for every one else's sins, especially knowing that a lot of them wouldn't even be a follower of mine. Uh NO WAY! But he loved us so much and cared for our hearts that He died on that cross. If we believe in the death on the cross and the resurrection three days later then we get to spend eternity in Heaven with our Father, with our groom, with our Lord. WOAH! How awesome is that? Can I get an AMEN?! How beautiful is that, how beautiful that our Father loved us so much to do that for us? Why would you not want to praise His name? Why would you turn your back on Him?

I would love to hear from you! What does this verse mean to you? Has it played a special role in your life? When do you turn to this verse? I would love to hear your stories about John 3:16. If you would like, you can email me at arielpaige5893@yahoo.com or comment below.

Blessings!
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment