Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Love.

I'm going to begin by how weird that one of my devotions this morning had to do with love. This week I have been super tired and easily agitated and trying to babysit twin 12 years olds, it makes it very difficult. Oddly enough, I woke up this morning (late actually) in a great mood. I was chipper and ready to start my day. My mom had gotten me this new devotional book that is titled "100 Favorite Bible Verses" and so I decided to do one each morning. It gives the bible verse(s) and then a description about what it meant to the person writing it. The verses this morning was in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient and kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. 
It does not demand its own way.
It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through ever circumstance.
(NLT) 

There are many ways you can take these verses. You can look at it as God is Love, or replace the word LOVE with your name, or you could think of them as a description of God's love for you. Today I am focusing on that this is His love for me, and so that is the love I am suppose to show to those around me. I want others to see Jesus inside of me showing through the outside. I want them to see something different, to see Love instead of anger or hate. I want them to turn to God because I have God in my heart and it shines so bright that they can't miss it. Today I am really working on this, and reminding myself often how God loves each and every single one of us and that is how we are suppose to love those around us. 

Any thoughts, comments, concerns?
Email: arielpaige5893@yahoo.com or comment below! 

God Bless,
Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment